AC_CONFIG_SUBDIR_TARGET?

From: Simon Richter
Subject: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIR_TARGET?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:12:29 +0100

Hi,

would it make sense to have a macro like that (and a corresponding
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIR_BUILD) that is functionally equivalent to
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIR, but uses --host=$target (or --host=$build, respectively)?

In a project, I both need to build a set of programs for the $target
architecture (for which a compiler already exists) that are then
installed to a subdirectory on the host and used as binary files by the
host program, and I build a set of programs that compile stuff during
the build process (which is probably the more common use case for such a
function).

Right now my toplevel Makefile builds these in the appropriate order, so
it's not a pressing matter, I was just wondering whether having macros
for that would do any good (for example, it would allow me to get rid of
the hand-written Makefile.in in the toplevel of my project in favour of
an automake-generated one).

   Simon