Re: Finding dlopen and friends on Tandem NSK/OSS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Finding dlopen and friends on Tandem NSK/OSS
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 06:28:25 +0100

Hello Matthew,

* Matthew Woehlke wrote on Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:54:57PM CET:
> (Hopefully this is the right list... :-))

No, it's not, but it's good you mention it.  Libtool would need a
similar change.

> While trying to build gawk on Tandem NSK/OSS, I ran into dlopen, dlsys
> and dlerror being unresolved. I finally determined that these are
> present in the 'zrldsrl' library.

Change the
  AC_CHECK_LIB(dl, dlopen)

in gawk's configure.ac to be
  AC_SEARCH_LIBS([dlopen], [dl zrldsrl])

> I have written to bug-gawk (AT gnu.org), but thought it would be nice if
> autoconf was aware of this so it could add -lzrldsrl (instead of -ldl)
> when looking for the dlopen library on tandem targets.

Autoconf doesn't have a native (specialized) check for dlopen, but
Libtool does.  But I do wonder whether dlopen has the same semantics
on Tandem.

If you would like to help port Libtool to Tandem (there seems to have
been at least some porting effort a long time ago), be encouraged to
grab a nightly tarball and try to build and run its testsuite there.
Report results to address@hidden

Thanks,