autotest appropriated ?

From: Thomas Porschberg
Subject: autotest appropriated ?
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:22:52 +0200

Hi,

I have to establish a test system on Unix/Linux systems
which has to run/test Java, PLSQL, C/C++ and Shell programs.
Actually it should be able to run a complete test on a (sub)project.

My first idea was to provide several Makefiles and some shell scripts
for that task but maybe the purpose of autotest is similar and I can
use some functionality out off the box (e.g. logging).

Is autotest a suitable tool for that task or is there something other
out there more appropriate ?

Best regards,
Thomas

PS.: Are there any examples as introduction available ?