Re: Autoconf fix Darwin/MacOS X Fortran

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Autoconf fix Darwin/MacOS X Fortran
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:05:08 +0900

On Aug 28, 2006, at 1:03 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Hello Peter,

* Peter O'Gorman wrote on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 04:16:19PM CEST:

I  don't believe that there is a case in libtool where darwin uses -
nostdlib. If there is such a case that I missed please let me know
and I will fix it :-).

Ah, you're right, I missed the fact that this was a two-step link.
But anyway this is moot for the Autoconf code in question, as that
is used on many systems, not just Darwin.

Okay, however the macro already removed -lgcc, I see no harm in removing -lgcc* instead, which will do the equivalent thing, but also work on darwin. -lSystem is a darwin only thing, I don't know any other systems that have a libSystem that is linked by the compiler by default.

Peter