Re: Conditional Configuration

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Conditional Configuration
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:12:42 +0200

Hi Paulo,

* Paulo J. Matos wrote on Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:06:29PM CEST:

> I have defined a feature as follows in configure.ac:
> AC_ARG_ENABLE([static-modules],
> AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-static-modules], [link dynamic  modules with
> static linkage (default is NO)]), enable_static_modules=yes,
> enable_static_modules=no)
>
> And I'm doing:
> if test "${enable_static_modules}" = "no"; then
> AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
> fi
>
> But this is not working, any idea on how I can achieve this?

This is a Libtool question.  Please provide more information:
what is not working, and how is it not working?  You did put
this before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL as documented, right?

For improved forward-compatibility, write
  AS_IF([test "${enable_static_modules}" = no],
    [AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN])

although that should not matter in this particular case.