Re: autoconf test failures - how to react? - attachments

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: autoconf test failures - how to react? - attachments
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 21:27:53 +0200

* Jerker Bäck wrote on Wed, May 03, 2006 at 07:49:41PM CEST:
> Sorry, I forget the attachments - so here they are

OK.  Let's look at the last failure first.  Please go into
the directory tests/testsuite.dir/222 and issue this command:

  abs_top_srcdir=/dev/fs/F/Projekt/dev.sdk/interix/autoconf-2.59c \
    ./configure -C

At some point it should throw this:

> +Windows NT Exception (core dumped)

Try to find out when exactly this happens.  If you want to locate it
further, you can try this command

  abs_top_srcdir=/dev/fs/F/Projekt/dev.sdk/interix/autoconf-2.59c \
     /bin/sh -x ./configure -C

but then you should probably catch stdout and stderr together, by adding
    >mylog 2>&1

and look at the mylog file afterwards.  Post what you find, including
logs (you could pack large attachments with gzip).

> 222: AC_STRUCT_TIMEZONE                            FAILED (actypes.at:15)
> 223: AC_TYPE_INT16_T                               ok
> 224: AC_TYPE_INT32_T                               ok
> 225: AC_TYPE_INT64_T                              Windows NT Exception (core
> dumped)
>  ok

Hmm.  The fact that this is output somewhat later is weird, too (either
a bug in stderr buffering, or another issue with a test that isn't
caught by the test suite).