Re: Asinine mailer address mangling (was: AC_DEFINE problem)

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: Asinine mailer address mangling (was: AC_DEFINE problem)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:41:36 +0100

Bob Proulx wrote, quoting me:
>> On Friday 28 April 2006 5:07 pm, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>> > [ Your mailer has very amusing ways of messing with addresses. :) ]
>>
>> That's because you lot wouldn't listen, when I suggested that the
>> "Reply-To" header should be set to direct replies, first and foremost,
>> to the list!
>
> Let's not start up the discussion again.  It gets discussed often
> enough already.

No, I don't want to reopen it either.  I may disagree with your policy,
but I shall accede to the democratic will of the majority.

>> I'm only following *your* instructions, and using "Reply to all";
>> that means you all get to see the effect of Lotus Notes in all its
>> gory nastiness!
>
> That does not change the very humorous way that your mailer modifies
> mail addresses.  :-)

Well, if you all get a laugh out of it, what's the problem?  But please,
do spare a thought for the poor sod who has to put up with this rubbish
mailer, throughout his working day!

>> (And please don't blame me for the choice of Lotus Notes as my mailer;
>> that choice has been imposed on me, by corporate policy).

> There are many places to get free mail accounts.  Perhaps that would
> work better for you?

I could just use the web interface to my existing ntlworld account; but
that's way less convenient for me, and furthermore, it seems to break
message threading.

Regards,
Keith.