Re: Broken makefile given Autoconf version mismatch

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Broken makefile given Autoconf version mismatch
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:32:08 +0200

Hello Steven,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 08:11:41AM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> I had that EXACT thing happen to me when I was running Fedora Core 3.

thank you for witnessing this.  It added up to convince me that Bruno's
fix is really necessary.  I was blind for a long time.
(And thanks to Noah, for starting this thread.)

> just for fun, I'm going to grab autoconf from CVS and compile & install
> that.  Then I will grab a fresh copy of KRename from CVS and see what
> happens when I install it.

At the time I write this, CVS is not fixed, but I think Ralf will fix
it any minute.

If you find time to test the CVS version then, or the upcoming test
release, it will help us to make a good 2.60.

Thanks,
        Stepan