Re: Changing PACKAGE_BUGREPORT?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Changing PACKAGE_BUGREPORT?
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:05:39 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 06:56:23AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> [Sorry for breaking threading, I lost the original post before deciding to
> reply.  Is there any good way to get mailman to repost a particular message?]

no, I'm afraid there isn't.  I usually ask a friend on the list.

> 'foo --help', the distro version would say "Report bugs to
> <address@hidden> and <address@hidden>".

(BTW, note that this wouldn't work for Fedora: we use bugzilla only, and
reporting to bugzilla.redhat.com _and_ bug-* mail address means extra work
to the user.)

Even though sending a mail to two addresses doesn't present extra work, it
might be confusing.  First, the user might feel weird (``To which of them?
To both?'') but more importantly, it will be confusing when you start two
threads on the two lists.

I don't think the current situation is ideal, but I'm not entirelly happy
about any of the possible alternatives.

> [...] if we end up doing nothing about this, I am not too bothered with
> the status quo [...]

Well, I tend to pick the easiest path here.  ;-)

Have a nice day,
        Stepan