Re: Excluding Dynamically Linked Libraries

From: Chuck Wolber
Subject: Re: Excluding Dynamically Linked Libraries
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:33:22 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Stepan Kasal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:23:00PM -0800, Chuck Wolber wrote:
> > [...] Yet, when I build it, the resulting binary still
> > requires libbz2 at runtime.
>
> I cannot guess the reason from your story.  It would help if you could
> post the results of your work: please tell us the URL of the source
> package you are using, and put somewhere on the web your patch (or post
> the patch, maybe compressed).

Thank you. I have tar'd up the patches and the source I am using. I have
also included a README file explaining how to very quickly simulate what I
am seeing, as well as scripts that do all of the heavy lifting. It can all
be found here:

http://www.chuckwolber.com/rpm-patches.tar.gz

> Then there is a chance that someone on the list will find time to try it
> and will give you a hint.

Thank you! I would be extremely grateful for any help I receive.

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR