Re: call AC_DISABLE_SHARED "conditionally" for a certain host

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: call AC_DISABLE_SHARED "conditionally" for a certain host
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:28:08 +0000

Florian Schricker wrote, quoting me:
>> Florian Schricker wrote:
>>> however I am still puzzled why using DLLs [with MinGW] is such a
>>> pita compared to GNU/Linux & Darwin. :-(
>>
>> Because they have to work within the infrastructure of Microsoft's
>> Win32 system, where *everything* is a "Right Royal PITA"(tm) :-)
>
> :-)
>
> But nonetheless I'd like to point out that I enjoy having
> MinGW32/MSys around, so although Windows DLLs are a "pita",
> MinGW32/MSys for sure isn't!

As a project admin for MinGW and MSYS, I must acknowledge a vested
interest, but for me these two, and also Cygwin, are about the only
things that make Win32 even remotely tolerable :-)  My *everything*
is to be interpreted as referring to Microsoft's scope of supply.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in MinGW and MSYS.

Regards,
Keith.