Re: Computed values in AC_INIT, AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR, AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, etc

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: Computed values in AC_INIT, AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR, AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, etc.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:37:04 +0000

> > I am always surprized, as well, to see so many warnings due to the
> > latest libtool, still using obsolete macros !
>
> I assume that you prefer that anyone using the latest libtool should
> also be required to use the latest autoconf?

What would be the problem with that?

But I also think that the folks who release GNU tools should release new
versions that simply upgrade the auto* versions used by those tools, at
least for major revisions.

If nothing else, the folks who have to install this software will
benefit from better installation and packaging support (eg, DESTDIR).