m4 macro and autoreconf

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: m4 macro and autoreconf
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:27:15 +0000 (UTC)

hey,

i have an autogen.sh script that launches autoreconf (only)

i want to use an m4 macro, which in a file in the m4/ subdirectory of my
source tree.

in configure.ac, i have put :

AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR(m4)

and later i've used the m4 macro.

but autoconf always tells me that that macro is not defined:

autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
configure.ac:82: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_VISIBILITY
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

Is it possible to give an option to autoreconf that is passed to aclocal ?
(i.e. passing -I m4). Or is there another solution ?

thank you

Vincent Torri