Re: Conditional compiling?

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: Conditional compiling?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:07:45 +0000

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Congratulations! You are about to reinvented AM_CONDITIONAL. ;)
>
> That's more or less how AM_CONDITIONAL internally works.

I'm sure it is!  I was merely illustrating how the desired effect
can be achieved, while avoiding all the unnecessary cruft and
verbiage that automake also throws into your Makefile.in, (and
into your project in general)!

I *really* do not like automake at all.  IMNSHO, it is just one
autotool too far.  For me, it delivers zero added value for the
expenditure of time to learn it.  Several have tried, but no one
has yet offered a convincing argument to persuade me to change
this opinion.

Of course, I fully respect your right to a contradictory POV.
I'd appreciate your respect for mine; without the sarcasm.

Regards,
Keith.