Re: Tools under Windows

From: BRM
Subject: Re: Tools under Windows
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:22:58 -0800 (PST)

Thanks all for the help. It´s been very insightful.

I´ve been playing around with it a bit today, mostly
MSYS, and have thus far only had one issue with it -
cl won´t compile the program because of bad parameters
being passed to it (since MSYS uses // instead of /).
(Not sure if that´s an issue for you guys, mingw-msys,
or the cccl guy; advice appreciated.)

Well...I´ve got most of the rest of the month to learn
this. I don´t need it on my project until sometime in
January when I have to write all the scripts. :->

Thanks,

Ben

--- Howard Chu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Brian Dessent wrote:
>
> > So really in a way using Cygwin with -mno-cygwin
> and using MSYS are the
> > same conceptual thing.
>
> Yes, the code produced by Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin
> should be identical
> to that produced by the MinGW gcc. We recommend MSYS
> anyway because
> building with MSYS is significantly faster than with
> Cygwin.
>
> --
>    -- Howard Chu
>    Chief Architect, Symas Corp.
> http://www.symas.com
>    Director, Highland Sun
> http://highlandsun.com/hyc
>    OpenLDAP Core Team
> http://www.openldap.org/project/

TCP/IP Evil-bit RFC
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3514.txt