Re: Tools under Windows

From: Howard Chu
Subject: Re: Tools under Windows
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:50:54 -0800

BRM wrote:

I tried building a little environment to allow the
scripts to run. I got it to detect them, and execute
them, but then ran into the problem that Perl has
cmd.exe hard-coded instead of referencing %COMSPEC%
(like it should) so any script it tries to execute
after the primary one won´t run since cmd.exe is
stored in %WINDIR%\System32 and I can´t replace it.
I´m taking a look at Msys/MingW now. Its worked best
so far - though a script is failing. I got it to run
by running the VC build environment (e.g. vcvars.bat)
and then running the msys environment (msys.bat) to
enter into the msys shell.

Thanks for the tip on cccl. I´ll be sure to look into
that too; may be its a combination of the two.

Yes, we use Msys/MinGW for our Windows distributions. I just added a "call <path>\vcvars.bat" into msys.bat so that gets set up properly. We also use cccl, although with some additional customization.

--
  -- Howard Chu