Re: AC_CHECK_LIB acts very strangely in Darwin

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_LIB acts very strangely in Darwin
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:05:28 +0200

Hi Aarno,

* Aarno Syvänen wrote on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 02:45:52PM CEST:
> I try to configure a product to various platforms with following case:
>
> case "$host" in
*snip*
>                 if  [[ "$DONE" = 0 ]]
*snip*

> When I check generated configure script, I noticed following:

*snip*
>                 if  [ "$DONE" = 0 ]

See what's happening?  Read up about m4 quoting:
  info Autoconf "M4 Quotation"

Short story: [ ] are quotation characters within configure.ac files.
That's one reason why many m4 macros use "test" instead for readability.

> So, autoconf just drops the end of the case statement.

Nope, it doesn't.  The stuff you are seeing is the expansion of the two
AC_CHECK_LIB macros you use.  The end of the case statement will be
after them.  Side note: if they were indeed gone, your shell would've
screamed "syntax error" or something similar and bailed out.

> If I comment out AC_CHECK_LIBS, everything is ok.

I don't think so.

> So what is the problem here ?

Look at config.log for what else might've gone wrong, it most likely is
independent of the configure.ac snippet you posted.  Post parts of
config.log if you can't figure it out.