Re: autoreconf error: possibly undefine macro: AC_DEFINE

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: autoreconf error: possibly undefine macro: AC_DEFINE
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:35:53 +0200

Hi Carlos,

Please keep the mailing list in Cc:.  Thanks!

* Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote on Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 01:15:53PM
CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >* Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote on Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at
> >
> Where is defined the AC_DEFINE macro?

This macro is internal to Autoconf.  autoconf should be able to find it
in any case.

> >>Here is the configure.ac file that I have, a peace of it:

> >I saved this snippet, added AC_OUTPUT at the end, removed your error
> >mark, ran aclocal, automake --add, autoconf, autoheader, ./configure.

(side note: running "aclocal; automake --add; autoconf; autoheader" is
roughly equivalent to running autoreconf for this example.)

> >Beside the missing definition for XORG_PROG_RAWCPP (which I suppose is
> >present in your environment) I could not see any problems.
> >
> >Please try to describe a way to reproduce the issue.  Which versions of
> >the respective autotools did you use?
>
> I'm new to the autotools, so I don't understand very well how to
> reproduce the error.

Well, easy: I told you what I tried to do to reproduce it: it did not
show the error.  Please do the same steps, in an empty directory, and
see if the error shows up on your system.  Report back here.

If the error does not show up, then try to find out the difference
between what you did in you package, and what we tried, so an error
source can be isolated.  Clear now?

> Do you have any idea of what could be wrong in my system?

Vaguely.  But I need your help to make sure.

> I have autoconf 2.59, autoheader 2.59, automake 1.9.4 e aclocal 1.9.4

Do you have them installed under the same prefix?  What does
  type autoconf automake autoheader aclocal
say?