Re: checking for specific versions of operating system

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: checking for specific versions of operating system
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:18:49 +0200

Hello Stepan,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 06:25:47PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> several comments:
> 1) AC_MSG_ERROR is better than "echo"
> 2) you should use LIBS, not LDFLAGS for -l flags
> 3) in the example you show, one call to AC_SEARCH_LIBS might be better.
>    (But I don't know your real code, before you simplified it.)

Thanks much! I'll correct (1) and (2). About (3), I use AC_CHECK_LIB to
search for the same lib in different dirs; is there a macro that does it
for me? Is there a standard way to specify a custom path (I was going to
use --with-mylib=/opt/mypkg/lib, but seems this isn't the intended way
of using it)?

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.