checking for specific versions of operating system

From: Simon Morgan
Subject: checking for specific versions of operating system
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:47:21 +0100

Hi,

Versions of FreeBSD >= 5.3 no longer link with -lkse and require
-lpthread instead. I'm trying to add a check to an autoconf
configure.in file to set THREAD_LIBS based on the version of FreeBSD
the program is being compiled under. The program is using a case
switch to check $host.

I've done a reasonable amount of searching around, reading
documentation on autoconf and shell scripting, and can't seem to find
a way of doing this without writing multiple entries to the case
switch to check for each individual version. Can anyone offer any
advice? I'm afraid I have very little experience with shell scripting
and even less with autoconf but hope I'm not missing anything
glaringly obvious.

I'd appreciate a CC on any replies as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks.

Simon