Checking for interpreter libraries

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Checking for interpreter libraries
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:21:14 +0200

I want to find out if there is any autoconf macros for checking for the presence of various scripting language interpreters, and the libraries for extending/embedding them. I want to check for as many as possible and reasonable of the scripting languages supported by Swig, and compile and
link against those avilable, but in particular Perl and Python.
I also need to find out about compiler and linker options necessary for linking against each library,
and validate that they are not mutually exclusive.
I want any useful suggestion on doing this.

PS I'm a newbie with the GNU Autotools

"Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"