Re: enable/disable configure options for subpackages

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: enable/disable configure options for subpackages
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:48:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Bob Rossi wrote:

I already use, AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS to configure the readline subpackage.
However, by default the readline library builds both shared and static
libraries.
 --enable-shared         build shared libraries [default=YES]
 --enable-static         build static libraries [default=YES]

I know that when I am building the readline library, I only want the
static libraries. Is there a way to pass in --disable-shared to the
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS?

I am not aware of any standard way since everything sees the same configuration. However, if you are using Automake, you can duplicate the Makefile line that runs libtool and add a libtool option to disable building shared libraries when libtool is executed.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn