Re: Changing compiler from gcc to mpiCC

From: tom fogal
Subject: Re: Changing compiler from gcc to mpiCC
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:02:55 -0400

sorry; forgot to CC this to the list.

------- Forwarded Message

From: tom fogal <address@hidden>
To: nithu <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:01:56 -0400
Sender: address@hidden

 <address@hidden>nithu writes:
<snip>
>But for all the different options of make that i tried i get the same error. I
>would like to know if there is any way to overcome this Wno-pmf-converisons
>error? it is basically us
>ed for C++ and gcc supports it, but when i change the software to mpiCC it
>gives out errors, even though mpi is a wrapper of gcc.

Are you absolutely sure mpicc is a wrapper for 'gcc'?

> The error is get is
>
> mpiCC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../.. -I/usr/include
> -I/workx5/ecell3 -I../../libltdl -g -Wno-pmf-conversions -g
> -Wno-pmf-conversions -c libecs.cpp  -DPIC -o .libs/libec
>s.o
>pgCC-Warning-Unknown switch: -Wno-pmf-conversions
>pgCC-Warning-Unknown switch: -Wno-pmf-conversions

"pgCC" sounds like the portland groups' C++ compiler.

<snip>

In any case, this sounds like the fault of the e-cell software; they
should not be assuming compilers accept any particular option (well,
save maybe -I, -L, etc., at least IMHO). Contact the software vendor
and ask them to fix their software; in the meantime, try a grep and see
if they are hardcoding a -Wno-pmf-conversions option into some
auto*-related file, and hack it out. Then regenerate all of the
autogenerated files and try again at the

$ CC=mpicc ./configure <other options you had>

stage.

- -tom

------- End of Forwarded Message