Re: configure --help output 'standard'

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: configure --help output 'standard'
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:42:04 +0200

Hello Claudio.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:13:24PM -0700, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> track it myself but got lost somewhere between 2.13 or
> so and 2.49 (are there in-between versions at all? the
> gnu ftp repository shown none).

Actually, I'm surprised to hear about 2.49.

I think you can safely limit yourself to 2.13, 2.50, and newer versions.

Most people use the "new generation", which started with ver. 2.50.

Some people used to stick with the latest of the "old generation",
which is 2.13.

And I guess this is all you need.  The problem that the autoconf version
doesn't belong into this set will be much less frequent than other weird
special cases which you might encounter.

Hope this helps,
        Stepan