Re: Default program-prefix option

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Default program-prefix option
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:48:47 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 12:55:42PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> The manipulation of program_transform_name is necessary because program
> prefix is rewritten into a transformation regexp before any commands in
> the configure.ac/.in file are executed.

this is not exactly true.  The prefix is added to program_transform_name
by AC_ARG_PROGRAM, which is usually called by AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.

Thus it should be enough if you place this

case $program_prefix in
NONE) program_prefix=foo ;;
esac

somewhere between AC_INIT and AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.

> It would of course be preferable if there was an autoconf macro for this,
> something along the line AC_DEFAULT_PROGRAM_PREFIX(foo) so that one does
> not have to use such hacks.

I have a generalized proposal in mind.  Stay tuned, I hope to post it
in a few days...

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal