Re: AC_CHECK_LIB and C++ classes

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_LIB and C++ classes
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:06:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, f18m_217828 wrote:

obviously the compilation fails because the test program needs to be compiled with some additional C flags (e.g. -I/usr/local/include, -L/usr/local/lib -lwx -lwxbaseXXXX .... ).

However, I could not find any way to modify the options used by autoconf to compile test programs.... how can I do that ?

Within the configure.ac file, you want to extend the CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and LIBS variables, similar to the way you would extend them using the configure environment variable options. See a typical GNU INSTALL file in order to see how the variables are used.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn