Re: multiline output variables.

From: Dan Manthey
Subject: Re: multiline output variables.
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:08:50 -0500

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Dan Manthey wrote:

> Okay, hopefully this is the last version of this patch, finally.

Sadly, no, it wasn't.

I've finally gotten to try this patch on a different machine, and I
encountered two problems, now fixed.

On my Solaris 10 machine, I found that `expr + 1` gives a syntax error,
not `1' like under msys.  Thus

ac_eof=`expr $ac_eof + 1`

has been changed to

ac_eof=`expr $ac_eof'0' / 10 + 1`

Which seems to work.

Also, it turns out that the sed I was using on this Solaris box does not
like `[^\n]' as "non-newline".  The exact conditions in which I was using
this allowed me to change

s/^.*\n//

Although these are not in general equivalent, they do the same job for me.
Thus, I hope I am finally done.  I've received paperwork, and filled it
out and given it to my work to review and handle as they see fit.
Hopefully that'll be done with soon and this (now fixed) patch can become
official and be checked into CVS.

-Dan