Re: AC_PROG_CC_C99

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC_C99
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:07:39 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Is it considered better for the result of AC_PROG_CC_C99 to end up in
$CC or in $CFLAGS (I'm not really sure myself, just wondering)?

That is a very good question. Consider that these options may also influence the C pre-processor and may even change which headers are used/available. There is even possiblity of using some different support libraries. I think that rules out adding the option to CFLAGS.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden