Re: C99 support

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: Re: C99 support
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:24:02 -0700

Roger Leigh wrote:

and these work well.  What it doesn't do is let me use features such
as mixed declarations and code.  These require you to use "gcc
-std=c99" or "c99" or similar, and I can't enable this portably.  If
autoconf could find out how to put a given compiler into C99 mode,
that would be great (in the same way as AC_PROG_GCC_TRADITIONAL
works for K&R C).

This sort of test is also needed to test C99 support for anonymous unions and structures in declarators, which I have run into problems with before.

If there's a way to create AC_PROG_CC_C99 or something similar, that would be wonderful.