Re: Tru64 losing files.

From: Toby White
Subject: Re: Tru64 losing files.
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:12:28 +0100

After further investigation, and much cvs action, I've narrowed it
down to a change between 2001-09-23 and 2002-03-08. (I can't get
anything in between to build due to automake issues.)

And specifically, it's triggered by the change in LINENO handling
between those versions.

I've managed to generate two shortish (~1000 line) configure scripts
demonstrating the difference in behaviour. The only difference
between the two (apart from version numbers in comments) is the
changed LINENO code.

The later one fails in the manner described previously, while the
earlier one succeeds quite happily.

The two scripts are at:
http://www.esc.cam.ac.uk/~twhi03/config.broke
http://www.esc.cam.ac.uk/~twhi03/config.works

Toby

--
Dr. Toby White, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EQ. UK
Email: <address@hidden>