Re: /usr/local [was: CPPFLAGS prob]

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: /usr/local [was: CPPFLAGS prob]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:14:24 -0400

Dan Kegel <address@hidden> wrote:
> The right thing to do is use /opt/arm-linux/usr/lib/pkgconfig/audiofile.pc,
> which will point to the right library.

Right.  So set PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/arm-linux/lib/pkgconfig.

> If you still think only one copy of, say, audiofile.pc is needed
> on the entire system, then please tell me what happens when I try
> to cross-compile a package using audiofile

Two audiofile.pc files are needed, but one pkg-config is sufficient.

FWIW, on my systems, every version of every package is installed in
its own prefix, even glibc.  There are no /lib, /usr/lib, or
/usr/include - but "strings pkg-config" still includes those paths.
So those strings may not mean much.

paul