Re: How to avoid C compiler using -g

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: How to avoid C compiler using -g
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 22:34:49 -0700

Jose Roman Bilbao wrote:
> I have noticed that, by default, the C compiler is using flag -g. What
> should I indicate in configure.ac to avoid this issue?.

Set CFLAGS to something different if you prefer it.  If you have a
recent autoconf genenerated configure script then this should be done
on the command line so that it is recorded in the config.status.  But
older versions needed it set as an environment variable.

  ./configure CFLAGS=-O

For older configure scripts:

  CFLAGS=-O ./configure

See the --help output for a list of configurable variables.

  ./configure --help

Bob