Installation of autoconf and m4

From: Anthony N. Frasso
Subject: Installation of autoconf and m4
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:30:33 -0800 (PST)

I am running OpenBSD 3.3, and am trying to install autoconf.  I have (I
think) successfully installed m4 1.4, but when I run the autoconf 2.59
configuration script, I get the following output:

checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for expr... /bin/expr
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4
checking whether m4 supports frozen files... no
configure: error: GNU M4 1.4 is required

Did I install m4 incorrectly?  Or is something else wrong?

Thank you,
Anthony Frasso