solaris and -lintl problems

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: solaris and -lintl problems
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:02:39 -0800

If there is a better place to discuss this issue please tell me.

I am tyring to build a number of GNU packages on a solaris9 machine.

I am frequently seeing failures like this one (from gcc-3.3.2):

 gcc    -g -DIN_GCC  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-o cc1  c-parse.o c-lang.o c-pretty-print.o attribs.o c-errors.o c-lex.o
c-pragma.o c-decl.o c-typeck.o  c-convert.o c-aux-info.o c-common.o c-opts.o
c-format.o c-semantics.o  c-objc-common.o c-dump.o libcpp.a  main.o
libbackend.a ./intl/libintl.a  ../libiberty/libiberty.a
 libintl_bindtextdomain              libbackend.a(intl.o)
 libintl_gettext                     c-parse.o
 libintl_textdomain                  libbackend.a(intl.o)
 ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cc1
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 *** Error code 1

I am seeing similar failuses in other packages.

Any idea what the root cause might be?

The mailing list archives have not been helpful to me.

Who can I lobby to get twiki.gnu.org up and running?