RE: Cleanly sharing a project tree between OSes?

From: Al
Subject: RE: Cleanly sharing a project tree between OSes?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:22 -0000

Well, I have tried just running configue from the separate build trees
(well, just the windows one actually) but it doesnt work. I am creating a
libreplace.la as per the Autobook, but make fails with

/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link g++  -g -O2   -o libforrest.la -rpath
/usr/loca
l/lib -no-undefined -version-info 0:0:0 -Wl,--kill-at Forrest.lo
ForrestLexer.lo
 ForrestParser.lo ForrestParserControl.lo ForrestThreadLocalData.lo
ForrestUtili
ty.lo ../replace/libreplace.la ../libltdl/libltdlc.la
generating symbol list for `libforrest.la'
../libtool: line 4049: test: : integer expression expected
../libtool: line 4049: test: : integer expression expected
using reloadable object file for export list...
../libtool: line 4049: test: : integer expression expected
../libtool: line 4049: test: : integer expression expected
using reloadable object file for export list...
rm -fr .libs/libforrest.lax
mkdir .libs/libforrest.lax
rm -fr .libs/libforrest.lax/libreplace.a
mkdir .libs/libforrest.lax/libreplace.a
(cd .libs/libforrest.lax/libreplace.a && ar x
/cygdrive/d/Alan/Work/Forrest/forr
est-1.0/windows/src/../replace/.libs/libreplace.a)
ar:
/cygdrive/d/Alan/Work/Forrest/forrest-1.0/windows/src/../replace/.libs/libre
place.a: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libforrest.la] Error 9
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/d/Alan/Work/Forrest/forrest-1.0/windows/sr
c'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/d/Alan/Work/Forrest/forrest-1.0/windows/sr
c'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

?? True enough the file doesnt exist but I cant figure out why. Presumably
something needs to be changed in my makefile.am files but I cant see what.
As for those ../libtool errors (or are they just warnings), the line in
question is;

test "$len" -le "$max_cmd_len" || test "$max_cmd_len" -le -1; then

I know its unlikely this can be diagnosed from this info but Ill just throw
it out there. If anyone fancys taking this up I can send the files that the
problem is probably in.

Thanks.