Re: Default CGFLAGS

From: Ondrej Jombik
Subject: Re: Default CGFLAGS
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 18:09:04 +0100 (CET)

[ Please CC me in the answer as I'm not in the list ]

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:

> Ondrej Jombik wrote:
> > [ Please CC me in the answer as I'm not in the list ]
> >
> > I want to ask autoconf advanced users and/or maintainers, if there is
> > a way how to define default CFLAGS for an application. These default
> > CFLAGS has to be used, when CFLAGS are empty during ./confgiure run.
> Try
>    ./configure CFLAGS="what_you_want_to_define_as_cflags_defaults"

This is classical user CFLAGS overriding. What I want to define are
CFLAGS, which will be used when only pure ./configure will be runned.

It seems, that autoconf in this case use "-O2 -Wall". I just want these
strange defaults change to something else more relevant to my project.

> or put something like this somewhere at your configure.ac file (but
> before checking headers...)

I do not use configure.ac, since I do know what is this file.

--
  _/|   Ondrej Jombik - address@hidden - http://nepto.sk - ICQ #122428216
 <_  \  Platon SDG - open source software development - http://platon.sk