Re: AC_CHECK_HEADERS to find <iostream>

From: Ramón Casero Cañas
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_HEADERS to find <iostream>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:36:23 +0000

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 23:01, Ramón Casero Cañas wrote:

Hi all. I'm starting to use autoconf version 2.13 (Debian testing
package), and would like that it tells me whether the iostream headers
are installed or not. My configure.in is:

You probably want to read about AC_LANG_PUSH and AC_LANG_POP in
autoconf.info.

Thanks. I had read about them, but I just wrongly took for granted that as I was not checking AC_PROG_CC, but AC_PROG_CXX and AC_PROG_CXXCPP, it would work. Following your hint I did

AC_LANG_PUSH([C++])
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([iostream])
AC_LANG_POP([C++])

and it worked. But then I thought that as the whole code is supposed to be in C++, probably is better just to use AC_LANG

AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_CXXCPP
#AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_RANLIB