Dual Language Question

From: Lance Westerhoff
Subject: Dual Language Question
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:32:39 -0500

Hello All-

I have a Fortran90 project that sometimes, depending upon configure options, includes some C++ code. Therefore, in configure.in, I use AM_CONDITIONAL to conditionally compile the C++ code in the Makefile.am. However, the problem is now the C++ compiler is used to execute the linker whether or not there is actually any C++ compiled. Is it possible to define the linker separately from the compiler so that I can use either the f90 compiler or the c++ compiler depending upon the requirements of the project?

Thanks!

-Lance
Lance M. Westerhoff
Computational Biochemistry
Pennsylvania State University - Chemistry
        - Merz Research Group

Email:  address@hidden
AIM:            address@hidden
Web:    http://merz.chem.psu.edu/~lance/