Re: how to determine that UNIX Advisory lock availability

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: how to determine that UNIX Advisory lock availability
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 19:14:50 -0700

Richard Bos <address@hidden> writes:

> No one?  No hint, advice or what so ever...?

Most all the code I've worked with assumes that fcntl locking is available
if fcntl is available.  If you need to support pre-POSIX systems, you
should fall back on flock and lockf in that order, but these days, it's
pretty safe to assume that any Unix system has fcntl.

I don't know anything about Windows in this area.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>