Re: How to get autom4te to stop stripping trailing spaces

From: Nicholas Wourms
Subject: Re: How to get autom4te to stop stripping trailing spaces
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:29:45 -0400

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Autoconf 2.57 to generate a script which uses a test which involves precise comparision of objdump output against a known base. Unfortunately, the known output contains trailing spaces, which seem to get stripped when autom4te runs on it. Well, I consulted the info pages and it suggested quotation as the answer, so I popped a set of [] around the trailing spaces. When generating the configure script, autom4te removes the quotes (expected), but it still strips the quoted whitespace (unexpected). What is the proper way to quote trailing whitespace in autoconf templates?

Never mind, I figured it out. Adding @&t@ to the end of the trailing whitespace worked for me.

Cheers,
Nicholas