Re: Macro writing

From: Steve M. Robbins
Subject: Re: Macro writing
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 09:08:04 -0400

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:00:23AM +0200, Mattias Brändström wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> Now I have a revised version of my macro. If anyone have the time to say
> anything about it it would be greatly appricated!
>
> AC_DEFUN([RKC_XERCES], [
>
> AC_ARG_WITH(xerces-prefix, [  --with-xerces-prefix=PFX   Prefix where
> Xerces-C is installed (optional)],

My only observation is that if your configure script uses more than
one such macro, the user is going to be annoyed at having to specify
"--with-xerces-prefix" *and* "--with-foo-prefix" ...

Consider using a generic flag to populate CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS,
e.g.
 http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/Installed_Packages/smr_with_build_path.html

-S