Problems with bringing mozilla's configury up to date

From: Philipp Thomas
Subject: Problems with bringing mozilla's configury up to date
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:47:14 +0200

I'm trying to adapt Mozilla's autoconf stuff to current autoconf in order to
be able to make configure regenerable and adaptable. Now mozilla does things
in its own special way.

aclocal.m4:
--------------- cut --------------------

define(MOZ_TOPSRCDIR,.)dnl MOZ_TOPSRCDIR is used in altoptions.m4
builtin(include, build/autoconf/altoptions.m4)dnl

-----------------------------

And the relevant part from altoptions.m4:

---------- cut -------------

dnl MOZ_READ_MYCONFIG() - Read in 'myconfig.sh' file
AC_DEFUN(MOZ_READ_MOZCONFIG,
[AC_REQUIRE([AC_INIT_BINSH])dnl
# Read in '.mozconfig' script to set the initial options.
# See the mozconfig2configure script for more details.
_AUTOCONF_TOOLS_DIR=`dirname [$]0`/[$1]/build/autoconf
. $_AUTOCONF_TOOLS_DIR/mozconfig2configure])

dnl This gets inserted at the top of the configure script
MOZ_READ_MOZCONFIG(MOZ_TOPSRCDIR)

-----------------------------

This all is done to get MOZ_READ_MOZCONFIG expanded at the very top of
configure:

------------- cut --------------
#! /bin/sh

# Read in '.mozconfig' script to set the initial options.
# See the mozconfig2configure script for more details.
_AUTOCONF_TOOLS_DIR=irname $0/./build/autoconf
. $_AUTOCONF_TOOLS_DIR/mozconfig2configure

As my knowledge of autoconf internals is practically non-existing and I'm
also no m4 hacker, I'd need help in turning the above into something that
aclocal/autoconf groks.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <address@hidden>
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany