Re: AC_CONFIG_* extensibility

From: Alex Cichowski
Subject: Re: AC_CONFIG_* extensibility
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:17:09 +0930

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Alex Cichowski wrote:

> I am considering writing some Autoconf code that I believe would be best
> achieved with additional 'instantiating macros' like AC_CONFIG_FILES and
> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS. For example, something like AC_CONFIG_FILES that
> generates Makefiles from lists of source files (so as to allow more
> flexibility than just preprocessing Makefile.in's with AC_CONFIG_FILES).

Forgot to mention that the reason for not just implementing these
additional macros with AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS is for consistency in
config.status - so that the new instatiating methods at least appear to be
on par with those of AC_CONFIG_FILES and AC_CONFIG_HEADERS in the command
line interface if nothing else.