Re: Unneeded PACKAGE_TARNAME in config.h

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Unneeded PACKAGE_TARNAME in config.h
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:27:41 +0200

Bob Friesenhahn schrieb:

The package I maintain has no need for these definitions, and in fact
they cause problems for other Autoconf users since my package is a
library which includes its config.h as part of the installed header
files, and these definitions conflict with similar definitions in the
dependent application's config.h.

That can happen with other config.h definitions as well,
and (rpm,deb,whatever) packages might disagree about
their findings of environment issues as it depends on
what had been installed during configure time on a
development system as opposed to those parts in the
target system. Use AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H for that, I've
developed it for the exact purpose to install config.h
safely as part of the library headers and many libary
makers have picked it up in the last years.

http://ac-archive.sf.net/Miscellaneous/ax_prefix_config_h.html

-- cheers, guido