Unneeded PACKAGE_TARNAME in config.h

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Unneeded PACKAGE_TARNAME in config.h
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:58:26 -0500 (CDT)

Recent Autoconf's AC_INIT macro inserts these definitions into
generated config.h files:

/* Define to the address where bug reports for this package should be sent. */
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""

/* Define to the full name of this package. */
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""

/* Define to the full name and version of this package. */
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""

/* Define to the one symbol short name of this package. */
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""

/* Define to the version of this package. */
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""

The package I maintain has no need for these definitions, and in fact
they cause problems for other Autoconf users since my package is a
library which includes its config.h as part of the installed header
files, and these definitions conflict with similar definitions in the
dependent application's config.h.

How can these defintions be disabled?  Why did they appear in the
first place?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden