Re: [Newbie] Missing LF macros and other scripts

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: [Newbie] Missing LF macros and other scripts
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:50:27 -0400

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 11:01:23PM +0100, Al wrote:
> Ive been trying to learn to use autoconf, automake etc. using the book
> ``Learning the GNU development tools''
> (http://wso.williams.edu/how/info/autoconf/tutorial_toc.html) (and others).
> In this book there are references to a number of scripts and macros [...]
> Ive had a hard time finding any references to them on the web,
> despite getting the impression from said book that they are standard.

> Its driving me mad! Are the things Ive listed above standard or what?

I don't think so.

That tutorial was written by Eleftherios Gkioulekas -- a name I
haven't seen in a while.  His email address is/was "address@hidden", so
I'd guess that those LF_* macros are things he wrote.  I don't
know whether they were slurped into the standard distributions;
but if so, presumably they'd have been renamed to AC_ prefixes.

Either way, the tutorial would seem to be rather out of date.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
My Wine works.  However it crashes about half the time on startup.
Apparently their simulation of windoze API is getting too accurate.  :)
        - Kyle Sallee