Manual substitution (was: Default for libexecdir)

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Manual substitution (was: Default for libexecdir)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:54:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> Bill Moseley <address@hidden> writes:
>
> |> $ ./bootstrap && ./configure && cat foo
> |> libexecdir= ${exec_prefix}/libexec
> |>
> |> Which works ok in a Makefile, but not substituted in a perl script (I want
> |> the real path).
>
> This is by design.  You can use a makefile rule to produce the perl
> script.  Or just substitute all of @prefix@, @exec_prefix@ and
> @libexecdir@, perl can handle that.

Well, this is what I'm using in a Makefile.am:

CLEANFILES = swish.cgi
swish.cgi: swish.cgi.in
        @rm -f swish.cgi
        @sed \
                -e 's,@@perlmoduledir@@,$(libexecdir)/perl,' \
                -e 's,@@swishbindir@@,$(bindir),' \
                -e 's,@@perlbinary@@,$(PERL),' \
                         $(srcdir)/swish.cgi.in > swish.cgi

Is there a better way to do those substitutions?  I can't use @bindir@
directly as it gets replaced in the Makefile generation, of course.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley address@hidden