Re: Problem with AC_PATH_PROG

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Problem with AC_PATH_PROG
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:43:54 +0100

>>> "Giuseppe" == Giuseppe Greco <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Giuseppe> Well, after running automake and autoconf, the generated
 Giuseppe> Makefiles don't contain the defined variables (in that case
 Giuseppe> LATEX and TEX4HT), and of course, the building process
 Giuseppe> always fail...

 Giuseppe> I'm missing something? Are there errors in my statements?

 Giuseppe> I'm using Aucoconf 2.53.

I suggest you upgrade to Automake >= 1.7 (this requires
Autoconf >= 2.54).

Older Automake versions parse configure.ac/aclocal.m4 "by hand"
and can be confused very easily.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz