Newbie Question

From: Maurice Turcotte
Subject: Newbie Question
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:12:52 -0500

Greetings:

I am just beginning to grasp the fundamentals of autoconf,
but I am running into some basic problems.

I am configuring NET-SNMP to cross-compile for another
linux plaform using the uclibc toolchains. When I run
configure, it picks up the correct compiler, but it then
seems to be looking at the header files for the host
system rather than the cross-compiler.

For example, it looks for "stdio.h" in "/usr/include", which
is incorrect. It should be looking for "stdio.h" in
"/opt/toolchains/uclibc/linux/include".

So, I have two questions......

1) How to I force configure to look for header files ONLY in
a given directory.

2) How do I verify where the include files were actually
found by configure?

Thanks,

mrt