Re: Is AC_FUNC_MALLOC more trouble than it's worth?

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Is AC_FUNC_MALLOC more trouble than it's worth?
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 12:38:52 -0500

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Jim Meyering wrote:

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <address@hidden> writes:

I have never (so far) tried to allocate a block of 0 bytes willingly

In that case you don't need those macros.  They're mainly useful for
programs that want malloc(0) to return a nonnull pointer.

Another reason to use at least AC_FUNC_REALLOC (and one that motivated
me to write the macros and replacement functions) is that on some systems,
realloc (p, n) fails when P is NULL.

Right - guess I'm back off experimenting, then.

Would you happen to know of any (common) systems for which this is a problem? (just so I can get an idea of what kind of priority I should give this - I've been having a bit of trouble using the replacement realloc in a C++ program)

Win32 systems, both realloc and free.

Earnie.